A fence is a valuable investment. It requires careful considerations to enjoy the best results. If you install it well, it guarantees maximum protection for your garden and adds value to your property. But how do you choose the best fence for your garden? The wide array of fencing designs and styles may easily confuse you and make you choose the wrong fence. The choosing process may be overwhelming, but you can readily get the right fence if you consider the right things.
If you plan to install a new fence to your garden, follow these tips to choose the best style.
Understand your needs
The first step to choosing the ideal fence style is to understand your needs. What fence are you looking for? And why do you need the fence? If protection is the primary reason why you need to fence your garden, then the long-chain mesh fencing would be the best for you. And suppose you want to improve the aesthetic appeal of your home. In that case, you may consider an aesthetically pleasing fence that matches your gate. A perfectly installed gate can not only combine well with the fence but also strengthen it. If you are not sure of what you exactly want, get more inspiration from the online sources, or your neighbors. You may share your needs with an expert too to help you choose the ideal fence for what you want.
Understand the materials
Another great thing to consider when choosing the style is the wealth of the fencing material. Fences come in many materials, whereby some are costlier than others. Also, some materials are more durable and can offer maximum protection for more than thirty years. Here are the commonly available fencing materials:
- Aluminum-aluminum is an excellent option for homeowners looking forward to improving the aesthetic appearance of their home. The fence may not be durable, but it is easy to maintain. The installation costs are lower too.
- Wood- this is the most popular type of fence in America. It is easy to install and gives homeowners the privacy they need. However, it’s not durable, and you should maintain it well. For the best results, you should choose the best quality of wood which can’t break easily.
- PVC – PVC is an ideal solution for people planning to fence their garden on a budget. The buying costs are low, maintenance is low, and you can easily remove them.
- Wrought iron- wrought iron is beautiful and durable. However, the installation cost is significantly higher, and regular maintenance is required to keep the fence in great condition. It might also not be the best option for you if you are conservative. This is because it does not provide the best privacy.
- Chain-link- chain link fence is affordable, durable, and requires little maintenance. However, it does not guarantee maximum privacy and protection. It requires expert installation, too, so that it can last longer.
- Electric fence-it is the best option where maximum security is needed. The fence is invisible, costly, and durable.
Understand the rules and regulations
Many cities and states have zoning rules regarding the installation of fences. These rules dictate the exact materials you should use, and the designs you should install. Before you install, find out the rules to adhere to them. The adherence will save you from the frustration of having to remove the fence or paying hefty legal fees. So, go through the list of the allowed types of fences in your area, and choose the best style among them. Hire a surveyor too to investigate your garden, and know if the fence would provide the best solution you need. Don’t rely on old surveys, things change, and the old records may no longer be valid.
Talk to a fencing expert regarding the best designs
The last tip is to discuss your fencing decision with a reputable fencing contractor. The professional will review your plan, study your garden, and tell if the fence would be ideal or not. The contractor will also educate you on the pros and cons of that fence to help you make an informed decision. Most importantly, you will get the right price estimations. Make sure that the contractor is experienced, and is reputable.
The right fencing style will give you the best protection you need. It will also add to the curb appeal of your property and make your property safer. However, you can only enjoy the benefits if you choose the best design. Follow the above tips, plan your budget, and involve an expert to help you.